The latest North Carolina Golf Panel rankings are out and once again the Big Cats courses are well represented. Among the nearly 600 public, private, and resort golf courses in our state, Leopard’s Chase and Tiger’s Eye both rank prominently on The Panel’s prestigious “Top 100 Courses” list at number 56 and 66 respectively for 2021 respectively. On the “Top 50 You Can Play” list (The top public courses in the state) Leopard’s Chase ranked 17th while Tiger’s Eye came in at 20th place. Only the semi-private Bald Head Island Club ranked higher among courses in our region of the state. This is very exciting news considering that all have been faced with considerable obstacles during the 2020-21 pandemic.
These two Grand Strand favorites are showing no signs of slowing down, as they remain among the area’s most popular layouts. We invite you to come see what all the fuss is about!
Tigers Eye Amenities:
• Spacious and undulating TifEagle® greens make this an unforgettable golf course
• Challenging 18-hole course with a variety of tees to suit your skill level
• Course is well maintained and complemented by beautiful natural and man-made scenery
• Unique design features that will test any golfer’s skills
• Enjoy the Lowcountry’s natural beauty and native species of plants
• Experience a different type of golf with dramatic elevation changes, wetlands, and tall pines
• Take in all Tiger’s Eye has to offer from its rolling fairways to its well-maintained greens
• Tiger’s Eye measures 7,014 yards from the championship tees; 6,628 yards from the blue tees; 6,120 yards from the white tees; 5,136 yards from the gold tees; and 4,502 yards from the red tees. Par is 72.
Leopards Chase Amenities:
• Mature TifSport Bermudagrass fairways and immaculately manicured L-93 bentgrass greens
• Traversing more than 220 acres of natural coastal terrain
• Leopard’s Chase is graced with scenic landscapes, scattered with native grasses and plantings, including preserved wetlands
• Expertly designed courses that will test your skills
• Stay and play packages available
• The course is challenging but still accessible for all skill levels
• 18th hole includes a spectacular waterfall and a large lagoon fronting an elevated green, making it the most scenic area of the course
• Photo opportunities abound on this golf and beach resort property, known as Ocean Ridge Plantation in Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
At these two legendary golf courses, you can explore the natural beauty of Coastal North Carolina on two spectacular layouts created by one of America’s most renowned architects, Tim Cate.
It’s worth your time to book and play at these highly rated courses. Click here to schedule your tee time »